Welcome To MommyLuvs2Save.com

Thanks for visiting. Do not miss a single deal - have every deal delivered right to your email. Subscribe to my site via email or feedburner at the top right of the website or enter your information here- Subscribe to Mommyluvs2save by Email ! Don't forget to verify your subscription by clicking on the link that is sent to your email ! That is the only way you will get your daily email with ALL of my updates!

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Our Struggle for Financial Success


We're definitely not there yet, but we are making strides.  Since last November we have been able to pay off a whopping $27,368 of my hubby's $30,000 student loan debt.  We are only $2,632 shy of our goal.  We are hoping to achieve this goal by Thanksgiving, which I cannot believe is a little over a week from now.  It really snuck up on me.  We are close and it has been a struggle this year to tackle this monster.  We have scrimped, done without and generally lived well below our means.  I think we may meet the goal, but I am seriously counting pennies and forgoing any spending this week (and next for that matter).  I am hoping to meet this challenge and if we do I will announce our next goal on Thanksgiving next week and we can share that journey as well.  So far in the last few years we have paid off all of the credit cards, our mini van and now hopefully this student loan.  It is a $254 monthly payment so it will free up a good bit of money to divert to our new goal.  I am trying to spend $0 dollars this week, but I still love to shop so I will be bringing you lots of freebies over the next few weeks and beyond.