Welcome To MommyLuvs2Save.com

Thanks for visiting. Do not miss a single deal - have every deal delivered right to your email. Subscribe to my site via email or feedburner at the top right of the website or enter your information here- Subscribe to Mommyluvs2save by Email ! Don't forget to verify your subscription by clicking on the link that is sent to your email ! That is the only way you will get your daily email with ALL of my updates!

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My Freebie Shopping Adventure


Okay, so I had a fun little freebie shopping trip today.  I think I must be a freebie dork or something because I get such a rush from going around town to collect all of my free merchandise.  I had a good time today.  As I mentioned I am trying to have a freebie week in preparation for hopefully being able to pay off the balance ($2,632) of my husband's student loan (originally $30,000).  This loan has been riding on his shoulders for about 12+ years so I will be so happy to cross this off the list-God willing! 

I started my journey at Walgreens.  I had a few register rewards to use or lose (expired today) so off I went to make the most of what I had.  I was able to pick up:
  • 2 boxes of Pecan Sandies $.50
  • 1 box of Austin peanut butter crackers $.50ea
  • 1 box of Austin Cheese crackers $.50ea
  • 1 bag of Ricola mixed berry cough drops (19ct)
  • 2 adorable Christmas cups for the girlies $.29ea(I am so looking forward to Christmas with them this year.  Can you tell??)
  • 1 Almay Pure Blend foundation $9.99, but you get back a $10 RR this month
  • My big splurge- 2 books of glitter adhesive gift tags 50ct $1.99(BOGO this week)
*My total was $15.50, I was able to use up my register rewards and get back $11 in Register rewards so free and $11 to spend next week!

The next stop on my journey was to JCPenney.  I had a $10 off $10 coupon burning a hole in my back pocket.  I was able to find a cute pair of Okie Dokie yoga pants for each of the girlies.  The twins are potty training right now, so trust me, we go through lots of pants these days when we have accidents.  These are so comfy and easy for them to pull up and down too when using the potty. Practical and free I love it.  The price of these was actually $4.99, but the nice cashier just price adjusted them to $5 each so that I could use my coupon.

My next stop was to my local Hallmark Crown store.  This was my favorite stop.  This month in several magazines (Martha Stewart Living, Good Housekeeping and others...) you can find a $5 off a $5 purchase at a Hallmark store.  I get lots of free magazines (stay tuned and you will too) so this coupon happened to be in one of them.  I took my time in the store thinking about what I could use.  I wanted to maximize my savings if you know what I mean:)  I decided that I really needed some cool wrapping paper to match my new glitter gift tags.  I have a van full of $.57 board games (see previous post) and $1.67 antibacterial hand soap (see previous post) and I really needed to clean out the van and get the gifts wrapped before prying eyes spy their gifties.  To make a long story short I found the perfect color wrapping paper that perfectly matched the glitter tags (see picture above LOL).  The 50 Sq. ft. holiday wrap at my local store was $5 and you guessed it BOGO.  The cashier (dressed to a T and the very picture of elegance, poise and grace) rang up my wrapping paper and gasped (actually gasped) when she scanned my coupon. She said "Do you know that you actually got 2 rolls of Hallmark Crown wrapping paper for free?????" To which I replied "Why yes I do, thank you!" She then promptly bagged in a very expensive looking bag (a nice long burgundy one).
My last stop on the freebie express was to grab a quick bite to eat. I stopped at McDonalds to use up my instant win coupons from the Monopoly game (expired after today).  I got a hamburger, small fries and medium drink.

Again I urge you to pay attention to the small freebies in life as they help you to pay off the big debts that are dragging you and your family down !!

1 comment:

  1. Woah! I need to get that $10 off of $10 where did you get that to JcPenney? Also, did I miss the post about the .57 board games? I'm going to run out today and look for that $5 off of $5 hallmark coupon! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete