Welcome To MommyLuvs2Save.com

Thanks for visiting. Do not miss a single deal - have every deal delivered right to your email. Subscribe to my site via email or feedburner at the top right of the website or enter your information here- Subscribe to Mommyluvs2save by Email ! Don't forget to verify your subscription by clicking on the link that is sent to your email ! That is the only way you will get your daily email with ALL of my updates!

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Cut Your Utility Bills!


I spent some time yesterday calling my utility companies and getting reductions on my bill.  My cable bill alone (which included the internet, cable and phone service) seemed to skyrocket lately and I am always looking to cut our family's expenses.  My hubby and I had a "money meeting" the other night and we set some big goals for our family.  We want to get debt free by October (except for the house). We then want to begin paying our house off (which will take a few more years). 
One of the things we talked about was that we needed to continue to look for ways to cut our spending (again) so that we can divert money towards paying off the house. 

Just by making a few phone calls I was able to cut our utility bills by $110 per month.  Try to remember to do this every 6 months or so as that seems to be how long promotional rates tend to last.  I have found that with the economy being slow right now, companies are willing to deal in order to keep our business. 

It's going to be a hot day today so while you're sitting in the AC (hopefully), make a few calls and see how much you can save your family.  This extra money can help to get your family out of debt more quickly.  Please come back and let me know how you do. I love to hear other people's success stories :)

No comments:

Post a Comment