Welcome To MommyLuvs2Save.com

Thanks for visiting. Do not miss a single deal - have every deal delivered right to your email. Subscribe to my site via email or feedburner at the top right of the website or enter your information here- Subscribe to Mommyluvs2save by Email ! Don't forget to verify your subscription by clicking on the link that is sent to your email ! That is the only way you will get your daily email with ALL of my updates!

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Walgreens Paid Me $6.64 To Shop Today !!



I had a fabulous shopping trip to Walgreens this moring.  They actually paid me to shop.  I LOVE IT !!  They have a $5 off of a $25 purchase coupon here which is good for today and tomorrow only so hurry on over there.  The coupon is good after coupons so you're better off doing deals that give you register rewards to utilize them to the fullest.  I did 2 separate transactions of a little over $25each so that was $10 savings right off the bat.  Here's an idea of what I got so you can plan your trip !!


  • 4 boxes of Wheat Thins + 1 box of Ritz crackers =5/$10-$3RR=$7 then use two $1/2 coupons from the Diabetes and You Walgreens  Coupon Book- Finally use four$1/1 coupons from the 11/8 SS.  This makes all five boxes $1.


  • 6 six ounce Lubriderm Lotions @$3.99ea= $11.97 minus $1 coupon from the Diabetes & You coupon book (by the pharmacy)-will deduct $3 because you are buying 3= $8.97. Then you will get an $8 Register Reward.


  • Coffeemate creamer is on a BOGO sale.  I got a coupon for one free one when I emailed them to tell them how much I like their creamer.  That makes for 2 free ones for me today.  2 @ $2.49 minus BOGO minus coupon = 2 for free.  You can email them here to tell them that you like their creamer to get your own coupon for a free one!


  • Kleenex Tissues sale price $1.39 minus $.50 in ad coupon =$.89 minus $.75 printalbe coupon here (says Kmart, but prints as a regular Man Q)=$.14 tissues.


  • Walgreens has their gift sacs (lunch bag size with cute holiday designs) 10 /$1 with in ad coupon.  These are the perfect size to wrap the Bath and Body hand wash from last weeks Bath and Body sale.  I happened to pick up some tissue paper at 3/$1 last week too.  These are also good as a filler. As you may or may not know you can only use one coupon per item at Walgreens so to get 10 items for $1 really helps out in that department. To recap 10 gift sacs =$1


  • Triaminic Cough and Cold Strips 2/$10 - $5 RR = $5 then use the $2 coupon from the Healthy savings booklet (in store coupon book usually with the circulars).  This will deduct $4 since you are buying 2.  Finally use the $3/2 coupon from the 10/18SS.  This makes the Triaminic a $2 money maker. Even if you don't have the Smart Source coupon it's still only $1 for 2 cough and cold products ( less when you consider the $5/$25 coupon).


  • Campbells Healthy Harvest Soup Bowls- I got 3 for $.75 each after using the in ad coupon in combination with this coupon .  You have to buy 3 to get them for $.75 each.

My total after my $10 coupons ( two $5/$25) was $9.36.  I used register rewards to pay for my items.  I then got back $ 16 new register rewards for next time!  Walgreens paid me $6.64 to shop today!  It's a little bit of organizing to do a deal like this, but it's really worth it when you are trying to pay your family's debt down.  We are hoping to pay off my husband's $30,000 student loan off by Thanksgiving ! We should be able to if all goes well, but I really can't spend any money this week so it's nice when a store actually pays me money to shop! Follow our journey.  If we succeed on this goal this week I will post our next debt challenge on Thanksgiving night.  All of these little savings add up to the big debts being paid off for yor family !!