Welcome To MommyLuvs2Save.com

Thanks for visiting. Do not miss a single deal - have every deal delivered right to your email. Subscribe to my site via email or feedburner at the top right of the website or enter your information here- Subscribe to Mommyluvs2save by Email ! Don't forget to verify your subscription by clicking on the link that is sent to your email ! That is the only way you will get your daily email with ALL of my updates!

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Our Deadline is Tomorrow Yikes !!



Well Thanksgiving is almost here isn't it? As a matter of fact tomorrow is the last banking day before Thanksgiving so I have to plan for succeeding or failing at our current financial goal.  Our current goal is to pay off my husband's student loan originally $30,000 (now $2,632) by Thanksgiving.  We are so close.  Here is my dilemma- I may be able to squeak out this payment by counting change (maybe looking under a few couch cushions to do so), cashing in a few small instant win scratch off tickets and depositing a check from P&G ($20) for a rebate I did last month.  If I am able to scrape (and I do mean scrape) up the money needed to send off for this bill, we will be poor (penniless) for a few days.  We get paid on Friday morning sometime (via direct deposit).  This will seriously curtail my Black Friday shopping.  I could wait and make the last payment on Friday instead, but I like the symbolism of paying it off before Thanksgiving.  I have to give it some thought today.  If you have any ideas use the contact me link.  I can use all the advice I can get :)

It's very funny- I was telling my husband last night that our goal last Thanksgiving was to pay off our 2006 mini van.  I actually had the same decisions to make then.  The only difference was that we did not have direct deposit so I had to run to my work to get the check in time to make it to the bank when they opened.  They actually cleared the payment 45 minutes after I put the money in WHEW !!  This year is a little different because I would have to rely on the direct deposit system. 

Try to make a goal for your family for this Thanksgiving.  Since it is getting close to the holiday plan an initial goal like listing all of your debts, balances and dates due.  This is the first step to getting out of debt.  The next step is to put $1000 in an emergency fund for life's little mishaps.  Set a date when you hope to have both of these things accomplished.  You are then on your way to making things better for your family. 

The Giveaway ends in 7 days! Read about it here .  Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment