Welcome To MommyLuvs2Save.com

Thanks for visiting. Do not miss a single deal - have every deal delivered right to your email. Subscribe to my site via email or feedburner at the top right of the website or enter your information here- Subscribe to Mommyluvs2save by Email ! Don't forget to verify your subscription by clicking on the link that is sent to your email ! That is the only way you will get your daily email with ALL of my updates!

Friday, November 27, 2009

I Overslept For Black Friday

I can not believe it, but I came home from Thanksgiving with my family, put the twins to bed and prompltly fell asleep before logging in with our family's newest financial goal as promised for last night.  Not only that, but I set my alarm clock for 3:15 in order to meet my sister at Toys R Us (I never leave the house without a shower) and turned it off without waking up this morning.  I didn't even hit the snooze button.  By some Black Friday miracle I woke up at 4, hopped in my clothes, brushed my teeth and screeched out of my parking spot bound for Toys R Us.  Luckily it's close by and I was there by 4:19.  We made out pretty good.  We hit the following stores: Toys R Us, JC Penney, Bath and Body Works, Chick Fil A (for a free breakfast- make that 2 free breakfasts-long story), 2 Best Buys, Walmart, Kmart and  Hallmark (another $5 free coupon).  I think I'm missing one because I thought the total was 10, but I'm still a little sleepy.  How did you do? Where did you find your best bargains?
Our new grand total for bill pay off is $81,657.52.  We actually toasted our student loan payoff  last night at the Thanksgiving table.  My hubby is so cute. He says he is the first person in his family to have good credit.  He's contemplating getting LIfelock because he doesn't want anyone to steal his good credit (that's hysterical to me :) ).  Anyway on to our newest financial goal.  I am setting a smaller short term financial goal out of necessity.  I got a disturbing letter the other day from my mortgage company.  It seems as though without our knowing it our insurance company doubled our premium on our homeowners policy because of a claim we had last year.  Not only that, but if we don't pay $1628.46 by January 28th our new mortgage payment will be almost $150 more per month.  If we can pay that lump sum off by then we will just have  a small monthly increase until next year and then they will look over our policy again (if we don't have any more claims).  So there you have it- I not only have to get through the holiday season without any new debt, I also have to come up with $1628.46 by the end of January.  When we do this (if we can), I will plan for our next financial goal. 

How are you doing with your financial goals this holiday season? Are you keeping it a cash Christmas( as much as possible)? Have you come up with a short or long term goal for your family so you can get it in gear and get out of debt? 

Check back in later tonight because I have tons of great deals for you. I will be posting them after 9 when I get the girlies settled for the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment