Welcome To MommyLuvs2Save.com

Thanks for visiting. Do not miss a single deal - have every deal delivered right to your email. Subscribe to my site via email or feedburner at the top right of the website or enter your information here- Subscribe to Mommyluvs2save by Email ! Don't forget to verify your subscription by clicking on the link that is sent to your email ! That is the only way you will get your daily email with ALL of my updates!

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloweenies~ A Family Recipe!


Happy Halloween everybody. I hope you are having fun with your little ghosts and goblins getting ready for their big day. We love Halloween and the twins are SO excited about trick or treating. They have a few costumes to choose from courtesy of all of the great deals I was lucky enough to get this year. I think they both want to be Little Red Riding Hood. I tried encouraging them to choose different costumes, but they want to pick the same thing so I guess that's what we'll do.

I wanted to share a delicious family recipe that my family has had EVERY year since I was a little girl.  They are called Halloweenies and we only eat them on Halloween.  We always tried to talk my mom into making Easter weenies or Reindeer weenies, but she would never go for it.  They are delicious. 

Here is the recipe:
1 lb ground beef (browned and rinsed)
8 steak rolls (We use Amoroso's~use the best ones in your area)
1/2 of a jar of spaghetti sauce
8 hot dogs (we use beef, but you could use turkey or chicken)
Shredded cheese (I use a mixture of cheddar and monterey jack)
4TBSP Chili Powder (or to taste)
2 TBSP Cumin
  • Brown the ground beef and add pasta sauce
  • Add the chili powder and cumin (taste to make sure it has a little kick. It should be a little spicy
  • cut an uncooked hot dog in 1/3 pieces and place in hoagie rolls
  • place a spoonful of spicy beef mixture over each hot dog/bun
  • put a handful of shredded cheese over top of each Halloweenie
  • Wrap in tinfoil
  • Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until roll is crunchy and hot dog is cooked !
**These are absolutely delicious~Now go out and snag all of the ingredients so you can make them for tonight he he~  I gave the recipe for 8, but I have to make them for the whole family this year so I think I'm making 32 or so~yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment