Welcome To MommyLuvs2Save.com

Thanks for visiting. Do not miss a single deal - have every deal delivered right to your email. Subscribe to my site via email or feedburner at the top right of the website or enter your information here- Subscribe to Mommyluvs2save by Email ! Don't forget to verify your subscription by clicking on the link that is sent to your email ! That is the only way you will get your daily email with ALL of my updates!

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Contest: What Do You Do To Save Your Family Money??

 


Since the whole point of this site is to help one another save money and pay down our family's debt, I thought I would sponsor a little contest to help us all achieve our goals and have some fun at the same time! I have been thinking a lot about the little things I do to save my family money like turning the shampoo bottles upside down to make sure we use every drop, turning the thermostat down a few degrees and keeping all of the extra condiments and napkins that we get from take-out to add to our own supply instead of tossing them for example.
The contest for the week is to leave a comment below to tell us what things you do to save your family money. The contest will run until next Wednesday (February, 24th). One winner will snag a fun gift from me that will be a surprise. I am hoping that the comments will inspire us by giving us all new motivating ideas to save money and put it towards paying down debt so please share your tips and ideas! You can also share any progress you have made in paying down your family's debt. If you're just starting out, that's okay too! Let's help each other!
 

Also, don't forget to enter the two giveaways that are happening this week!

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I don't use my dryer-at all. I have turned to 100% clothesline drying-either in my basement furnace room or outside on a warm day.This small change has saved me about $30 a month on my electric bill! I figure if an Amish women can do it with 10 kids, then I can do it with 3 children!!!
    ~Mamabeanof4

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been using coupons & trying to stockpile. I go to a couple different stores to pick up the best deals. We have also downgraded to the smallest cable package since we don't watch that much tv. I took all the options of my home phone as well. (I am not ready to totally disconnect it)shaunapagel@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't buy trash bags anymore, instead we use the plastic bags we get from stores. We do have to take the garbage out a little more frequently, but it never gets stinky because we empty it so often. We have a 3 month old, who is exclusively breast fed (saves tons of money on formula). We also do a lot of cleaning with white vinegar, it's green and safe to use around kids, and it's significantly cheaper than most commercial household cleaners. We have no cable TV, but bought a $10 cable that allows us to hook our laptop to the TV, so we live stream movies from Netflix ($9 a month) or watch our favorite TV series on Hulu for free. I could probably keep going, but those are the big ones. I LOVE to save money!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When planning my weekly meals I make sure that I never need more than 2 ingredients for each recipe. That helps to keep my weekly groceries down to $25.00 a week for a family of 3. I stock pile up to $15.00 each week (with coupons you can buy a lot with $15) and then I use $10.00 to buy the few extra ingredients I need for my meals! :)

    Kwhiz84(at)live(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  5. silly me left my comment and not my email - kimshirk(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Instead of paying the $50 annual fee for a national organization that I’ve been a part of for 8+ years I decided to become a board representative for our city. Not only do they wave your fee for the years you sit on the board but they also pay for your gas and an over night stay at a hotel at our state capital where the board meetings are held a few times a year. The meetings are brief and not only do I get to connect with other professionals in my field of work but I also have friends in this city so it’s almost like a free vacation for me as well!

    ReplyDelete