Welcome To MommyLuvs2Save.com

Thanks for visiting. Do not miss a single deal - have every deal delivered right to your email. Subscribe to my site via email or feedburner at the top right of the website or enter your information here- Subscribe to Mommyluvs2save by Email ! Don't forget to verify your subscription by clicking on the link that is sent to your email ! That is the only way you will get your daily email with ALL of my updates!

Sunday, January 16, 2011

What Have You Done to Get Out of Debt Today ??


Well I had a good Rite Aid day. That's the main thing that I did to save money today.  As I reported yesterday in the Rite Aid deals, Rite Aid has a great deal going on this week with their toilet paper and tissues.  I was paid to snag 3-4packs of TP and 7 1000ct single rolls of TP, as well as 10 boxes of tissues, 7 cans of Hormel Chili, 1 jar of Motts Applesauce and 10 bags of TGIF snacks.

Here is how the deal worked out (hopefully you can snag a similar deal tomorrow (be quick though before they run out).
  • 3 four packs of RA toilet paper + 7 1000 sheet rolls = $9 after 10% wellness discount
  • 10 boxes of 65 ct. RA tissues = $9 after 10% wellness discount
  • 7 cans of Hormel Chili - $8.75 used $.50 Video Value Coupon + $1.50/3 coupon from Feb All You magazine= $6.75
  • 1 jar of Motts Applesauce = $1.25
  • 10 bags of TGIF snack bags@ $.97ea. = $9.70
  • Total = $35.70
Here's What I got back:
  • $10 UPR for the TP
  • $10 UPR for the tissues + a bonus $3 UPR for buying 10 = $13UPR
  • $7 UPR for the chili
  • $1UPR for the Applesauce
  • $10 UPR for the TGIF snacks
  • Total UPR=$41
**For those of you who don't know what UPRs are, they print with your receipt and are good on your next purchase of anything in the store (except prescriptions).  You can also break up your transactions and pay for one with the UPR from the previous one etc... For the paper products deals you need to keep it in transactions of 10 for the tissues to get the extra $3UPR.

Total = $5.30 moneymaker!!!

Other money saving moves today:
  • We had a pretty low key family day today.  We didn't really spend any money aside from our Rite Aid deals.  We were out and about and were tempted to stop and grab lunch out, but decided to come on home and cook up a "free" lunch at home.
  • I completed 4 surveys tonight after tucking in my girlies.
  • I am getting ready to list on Craigslist the toddler beds that the girls used before getting their big girl beds.  I may also list their Pack 'n Plays.  This will help be get rid of some clutter and make a little cash for debt repayment at the same time.  I put their high chairs on Craigslist after we were done with them and sold them for close to what I paid for them. It was great!
So how did you do with your goals today? Did you make a sacrifice or smart financial decision that saved a few bucks for your family? I'd love to hear about it. Either comment or send me an email and Yay you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment