Welcome To MommyLuvs2Save.com

Thanks for visiting. Do not miss a single deal - have every deal delivered right to your email. Subscribe to my site via email or feedburner at the top right of the website or enter your information here- Subscribe to Mommyluvs2save by Email ! Don't forget to verify your subscription by clicking on the link that is sent to your email ! That is the only way you will get your daily email with ALL of my updates!

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Make It Quick~Homemade Baking Mixes!

I've had a very domestic week this week.  I've tried out a few new recipes (with great success I might add).  I made a few homemade soups for the first time and they were delish.  I also made homemade cornbread and had a brainstorm idea when I made it.  I decided to make up 5 batches (4 to be baked at a later date).  I'm working on maximizing my time so it's quicker for me to do a little bit of bulk cooking (or preparing) when I can.

If you want to do this too you can look at the ingredients to get together below and then label the outside of the bag to show what the mix is, what needs to be added, and the baking temperature and time.


Here’s what goes into the bags:

  • 3/4 c. corn meal
  • 1 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 c. sugar (Okay, it was more like 1/2 cup. Hubby likes sweet cornbread!)
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/3 c. powdered milk*
Here’s what needs to be added before baking:
  • 1 c. warm water
  • 1 egg (or 1/4 c. Egg Beaters)
  • 1/4 c. canola oil
*If you prefer, you can skip the powdered milk and warm water and use 1 c. of milk before baking instead.

Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes and enjoy ~ YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment