Welcome To MommyLuvs2Save.com

Thanks for visiting. Do not miss a single deal - have every deal delivered right to your email. Subscribe to my site via email or feedburner at the top right of the website or enter your information here- Subscribe to Mommyluvs2save by Email ! Don't forget to verify your subscription by clicking on the link that is sent to your email ! That is the only way you will get your daily email with ALL of my updates!

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Our Financial Update !


I have to admit that I woke up a little bummed out this morning.  We had been making great progress on our quest to become debt free.  I was all set next month to announce that we were debt free except for the house.  Next month we are set to pay off my hubby's 2007 Dodge Durango.  That WAS our last debt aside from our mortgage. At that point we will have paid off over $106,000 in non-mortgage debt. That all changed yesterday because we had a little bump (actually 2 little bumps) in the road. 

The twins are 3 now and have been sleeping in toddler beds.  They love to play and jump on their beds and since my hubby is 6ft.11, they are tall for their age.  Kayla ended up breaking 2 of the boards in her bed and we needed to go furniture shopping to buy "big girl beds", as well as, mattresses, delivery and an extended warranty.  Don't get me wrong, I haggled and haggled, but I wanted good quality beds that would last for a long time with two little spirited girlies. It ended up costing $1800 and as much as I HATE to admit it, I had to put them on credit since I don't have an extra $1800 laying around the house~ha ha!  It may seem silly, but as much as we need those beds, I do feel a little bummed out to have to delay our "debt free" life..  Oh well, such is life I suppose. 

I plan on attacking this debt and getting rid of it as quickly as possible.  I will be putting all of my extra cash on it.  This means doing more surveys, cutting even more coupons and being more frugal than ever (if this is even possible :) ).  I also plan to go through the girl's things that no longer fit and putting some things on ebay and Craigslist.

How are you guys doing with debt?? Have you recently made a cash purchase or paid off a bill ?? I'd love to hear about it! Use the contact me area above to shoot me an email !

Here is a picture of our new beds(debt) to be delivered on Wednesday:  Luckily I have an $84 credit at Bed Bath and Beyond.  I plan on using that to buy big girl sheets, blankets and pillows.  Now to find one (or five) of those 20% off coupons!

Oh, and don't let anyone say that twins are cheap~sheesh! Okay, I feel a little better after venting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment