Welcome To MommyLuvs2Save.com

Thanks for visiting. Do not miss a single deal - have every deal delivered right to your email. Subscribe to my site via email or feedburner at the top right of the website or enter your information here- Subscribe to Mommyluvs2save by Email ! Don't forget to verify your subscription by clicking on the link that is sent to your email ! That is the only way you will get your daily email with ALL of my updates!

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Welcome to Coupon Class!!

I have tried so many ways to organize my coupons and have come up with the way that really works for me.  I have tried those little plastic envelope organizers, but found that they really didn't hold enough coupons.  I also tried a 5 X 7" index card box.  That was better because it allowed me to hold more coupons because I used the little blank dividers to divide it into different categories.  The main issues I had were that while the coupons were organized better, if I had a few of the same coupon they got separated and coupons would often expire before I had the opportunity to use them. It became tedious to search through a whole section quickly to find a desired coupon.
A few months ago I started "The Binder" and I LOVE it !  I can store copies of the same coupon together and all of my coupons are visible so I can see the expiration dates easily.  It is also easy when you go into the store to grab the binder and start shopping.  I find it to be extremely store friendly because you can open to the right section and find your corresponding coupons very quickly.
As you can see from the pictures, I am a coupon dork.  All of my dividers have been labeled with the section using a hand held labeler.  I know that's going a bit far, but it's really cute and it makes me happy okay??
Here's how you can make your own coupon binder:
  • Get a binder - I would suggest a 1- 1/2  or 2 inch binder with a pocket on the inside to hold special coupon books from stores or other coupon related items (small pair of scissors etc...)
  • Get a few packs of the baseball card pages.  You can get a pack of 35 for a little over $4 at Walmart or you can snag them from Amazon HERE
  • Buy a few packs of dividers.  I would suggest getting nicer ones instead of flimsy ones that will fall apart on you.  Make sure that you have the ability to write on the tabs or be a labeling dork like me !!
  • Set up realistic sections that work for you.  You can choose to do sections in your grocery store ( have bread items with my dairy section because that's where the bread is in my store).  Some suggested sections include, but are not limited to :  dairy, meat, health, beauty, paper goods, sides, snacks, beverages, breakfast, condiments...  You will know best what works best for your family!
  • Go here to go to coupons.com to get lots of coupons to put in your new binder!
My book cost me about $16 to make, but it has saved me hundreds, probably thousands of dollars not to mention hours of time not spent searching for coupons!!
Contact me if you have any other coupon related questions!

3 comments:

  1. This is an awesome idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been using the plastic coupon organizer but I'm running into the same problems you did. Just found an empty binder as I was cleaning out a closet and I'm going to start a "Binder" of my own. Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea!!! I am a coupon dork and proud of it :) This will make my life so much easier. I'm going to make one tonight

    ReplyDelete