Welcome To MommyLuvs2Save.com

Thanks for visiting. Do not miss a single deal - have every deal delivered right to your email. Subscribe to my site via email or feedburner at the top right of the website or enter your information here- Subscribe to Mommyluvs2save by Email ! Don't forget to verify your subscription by clicking on the link that is sent to your email ! That is the only way you will get your daily email with ALL of my updates!

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A Few Random Thoughts and What I'm Thankful For ~

If you're looking for a deal, you can scroll past this post because this isn't about deals.  I just wanted to take a few minutes to write about a couple of things that have been running through my silly head :)
First, my exciting news.  My hubby and I paid off his 2007 Dodge Durango on Saturday.  It was SO exciting.  We have been saving money for quite awhile so that we'd be ready when the lease ended this week.  I know leasing is a bad idea for most people, but when we went to get a vehicle over 3 years ago, I had just given birth to the twins. The car salesman actually told me that if I didn't buy a new vehicle my children could be stranded by the side of the road ( Can you believe I fell for that??).  I blame it on the baby blues.  Not only was that mean for him to do that to me, but the girls have only ridden in this car twice. We mostly travel in our 2006 mini-van (It's been paid off for 2 years now).

I went to get the bank check to pay off the van on Thursday because we had planned on paying it off Thursday night.  Our payoff was $12,344.32.   I was so afraid the check would blow out the window or something.  Can you believe that when we went to pay it off Thursday night, the car dealer wanted nothing to do with us once they found out we weren't there to buy a car.  They made us sit for 20 minutes while they tried to find someone to help us.  As I sat there I listened with disgust to the sales pitches they were giving other customers. It was horrible.  They were telling an older couple that they were trying to find a bank that would help them finance a car with almost 90,000 miles on it.  In the end, they told us to come back on Saturday.  My hubby tried to get me to sit in a brand new SUV.  I said "NO WAY HONEY".  I'm done with car payments.  At one time we owed over $1,000 every month in car payments. Now we're down to $0.  It feels great.  We aren't debt free, but almost (except for the house).  It can be done:)  We don't make a ton of money and if we can do it, you can too! My hubby has been so cute about his truck since Saturday. He keeps looking out the window saying "It's mine now". 

The second thing on my mind is that I just found out that you can use your remote control to shop on the Home Shopping Network.  I am horrified and intrigued at the same time.  From a business standpoint, this is genius. They must be making a ton of money.  As a person who is trying to get out of debt and help other people along the way, I am horrified.  How are we supposed to get out of debt when it's so easy to buy things.  You don't even have to pick up the phone.  I sat in front of the TV for 2 hours mesmerized by all of the "must haves" and almost talked into about 39 different products.  I showed my husband ( he said I better hope he doesn't see anything he likes).  I did buy one item (strictly for research purposes for this post LOL), but seriously I have to lock up all of the remotes in the house.

Okay, enough rambling. On to what's important in life. I am most thankful for my amazing husband and my two little girls.  They are the light of my life.  The twins (Olivia and Kayla) are 3 and we are having so much fun with the holidays.  Halloween was so fun and we are eagerly awaiting the upcoming holiday season. 

We went to the mall on Saturday night after paying off the truck.  I took the girls to the bathroom and as we were walking to meet him at the indoor playground I spotted Santa Claus.  I looked at the girls and said "Look, Santa Claus is here".  Kayla dropped my hand and said "Good, I have to tell him something."  There were no children around as it was around 8.  Santa was just talking to his staff.  When they spotted the girls, the staff asked if they wanted to see Santa.  I said yes, but that we didn't have dresses on so they just wanted to say hi.  Kayla runs over and tells them that she HAS to talk to Santa.  He gets on bended knee and says "What is it honey?"  With her index finger pointed in the air, she says "Santa, you have to get seat belts for the sleigh, you could fall out and hurt yourself honey."  Santa was speechless. The staff were giggling.  Santa told Kayla that he would tell the elves and they would work on it.  I think he had been waiting for her to ask for something like a Barbie doll or something.  I guess that's the first time a little girl ever said that and at only 3 years old-I'm amazed! Kayla and Olivia are so precious to me. I literally thank God each and every day for giving me the opportunity to be their mom. It is a gift I have been given and I am so thankful.

1 comment:

  1. Oh thanks for posting that about your little girl and Santa... it really made me smile!

    And congratulations on paying your vehicle off early. There's no feeling in the world like being debt free.

    ReplyDelete