Welcome To MommyLuvs2Save.com

Thanks for visiting. Do not miss a single deal - have every deal delivered right to your email. Subscribe to my site via email or feedburner at the top right of the website or enter your information here- Subscribe to Mommyluvs2save by Email ! Don't forget to verify your subscription by clicking on the link that is sent to your email ! That is the only way you will get your daily email with ALL of my updates!

Sunday, August 8, 2010

We Paid Cash !!


Well it's been a rather long day. Our toilet and garbage disposal both broke within a 24 hour period!  The toilet wasn't flushing and when I lifted the lid on the tank there wasn't any water in it.  I went downstairs a few hours later to clean up the kitchen and ran the garbage disposal and when I opened up the cabinet door beneath the sink to get more dish soap I noticed water and food UNDER the cabinet~YUCK. 

While I know it's more economical to do home improvements yourself, my hubby and I aren't handy (at all).  We have lots of great qualities, but we can't do much "fixing" around the house.  I have a wonderful neighbor who I call sometimes to help out. I usually get him a gift card or the occasional lasagna for his trouble (Thanks, Bob).  Unfortunately he was busy today so I had to call a plumber.  The other bad news was that we just got the toilet fixed (the plumber left) when the garbage disposal broke. 

A few years ago the only option we would have had in a situation like this was to pay for the repairs with a credit card (if we had room open on one).  The only good news about today was that we actually had enough in savings to pay for the plumber (twice).  It is such a good feeling to be able to do that. 

What have you paid cash for recently that you wouldn't have been able to before?? What bills have you paid off as you get on the road to becoming debt free?? Drop me an email. I'd love to hear about your successes! You can email me at mommyluvs2save@yahoo.com
                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment